Finally, I was able to make puto cassava! I've been craving for this dessert for almost a decade. Now I just realized how simple the ingredients are.
6 tbsp. brown sugar
1 cup grated coconut
Tin Molds ( you can use tuna cans, and always make sure to put holes on the bottom )
- Prepare the cassava, peel and wash it.
- Grate the cassava once finished then squeeze out the juice using cheese cloth, air dried.
- Mix the grated cassava with brown sugar and grated coconut altogether.
- Stuff them in your tin molds and steam for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once cooked you can spread butter or margarine add brown sugar on top.